In order to give an overview of the progress of the project, we would like to reflect in this post different developments carried out during the first 6 months of the project by three of the partners:
MINESPIDER: As part of the developments carried out in T2.2 about the design of the Blockchain architecture infrastructure, MINESPIDER has been working on the next developments:
- Mapping data requirements from BATRAW participants to gather input from different supply chain points on the battery supply chain.
- Battery process & Product specific interviews.
- Battery disassembly data records.
- Recording material transactions.
- Constant monitoring and analysis of latest regulatory developments.
- Review of the blockchain architecture, platform and application design, as well as the data concepts, models, workflows and templates in view of the aforementioned input.
Moreover, they continue to interact with the onboarded participants to improve functionalities, introducing new options to make the process even more efficient for several types of users and of course aligned with latest regulations and requirements such as the upcoming EU Battery regulation.
As added contributions we have developed a Comprehensive ebook on battery regulation, battery passports & industry trends and challenges.
CEPS: During April one of our main researchers, Vasileios Rizos, was present at one of the main conferences in the battery sector in Seoul, Korea. In the conference called Interbattery 2023 they referred to BATRAW as one of the innovative projects that are being developed at the moment:
ORANO: In February, Justo García was invited to present the progress of the recycling project developed by Orano during the “Rendez-vous des acteurs de la filière batterie en Nouvelle Aquitaine” in Poitiers, France. Orano has developed an innovative process for recycling Li-ion batteries and a semi-industrial pilot plant is under construction at its Extractive Metallurgy Innovation Center (CIME) in Bessines sur Gartempe, France.
In March, ORANO is pleased to welcome the Pôle Européen de la Céramique on March 14, 2023, for a technical day on the theme of batteries at the Musée URÊKA – Orano – Bessines-sur-Gartempe. Orano presented its innovative process for recycling Li-ion batteries. In addition, participants had the opportunity to visit the CIME, Extractive Metallurgy Innovation Center.